What is TOEFL ITP?
The TOEFL Institutional Testing Program (ITP) tests English proficiency at the intermediate to advanced levels. It is composed of previously administered TOEFL paper-based tests.
The exam uses an academic context to evaluate nonnative speakers ' skills in
- Listening Comprehension
- Structure and Written Expression
Who Should Use TOEFL ITP?
TOEFL ITP provides a convenient and affordable assessment of English language proficiency for:
- Secondary schools
- Colleges and universities
- English-language programs
TOEFL ITP is ideal for your program because it is:
- Reliable, based on the TOEFL test, the most trusted English-language assessment in the world.
- Available on demand. YOU choose your test date.
- Convenient. You use YOUR OWN facilities and staff to administer the test and return the materials to ETS for accurate scoring.
- Flexible, containing multiple test forms, allowing you to test throughout the year.
- Quick to deliver scores, doing so approximately three to seven days after score sheets are received.
- An accurate predictor of performance on the secure TOEFL test.
- Helpful in determining academic readiness and development needs.
- Motivational for students wishing to improve their English proficiency.
- TOEFL® ITP consists of previously administered TOEFL paper-based tests.
It evaluates nonnative English speakers ' skills in three areas, for academic purposes
- Listening Comprehension — measures the ability to understand English, including short and long conversations and short talks or lectures
- Structure and Written Expression — measures the ability to recognize standard written English
- Reading — measures the ability to read and understand short passages at the university level
TOEFL ITP Test
Number of Questions
31 — 68
Structure and Written Expression
31 — 68
31 — 67
93 — 203